Monday 8 October 2018

Show me 5!! Using Spirited Snowmen by Stampin' Up!

Todays show me 5!! 
is using this super cute stamp set,
The three characters are just so cute and whimsical
I love them.

I actually have 6 to show as the first one I made as a challenge entry to a colour challenge a few weeks ago hosted by Helzie for Stampin for All Facebook group
the colours given were Lovely Lipstick, Granny Apple Green & Blackberry Bliss
Not traditional "christmas" colours but I decided to try and make it work and I am super happy with the results and think it actually does work colour wise for Christmas



So this was my challenge entry cute right??
Anyway heres how I put the card together
The card is a 6x6 Deckle edged Card Base that I buy from everycraftsapound
They are lovely card bases and means I can use my beautiful stampin' Up! cardstock to decorate only.
So I cut my lovely lipstick layer down to 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
My stamping layer is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" 
I then took a scrap strip measuring 1" x 5 1/4"
but white on white didnt work so I added a strip of Lovely Lipstick behind it and it popped right away the strip of lovely lipstick measured 1 1/8" x 5 1/4"
I stamped the snowflakes from the set down the strip using the Blackberry Bliss Ink pad
 I then coloured a few rhinestones using my Dark Blackberry Bliss Stampin Blend marker and dotted 5 of them down the strip
I then took my Lots of Labels but this has now retired sadly but you could easily use the Stitched Shape or the layering Ovals, circles or squares to get the same effect.
I die cut one from Lovely Lipstick and then I got the next die down in size and cut that from Whisper White.
I adhered them together and added dimensionals to the back so they were ready to pop on.
I had prestamped, coloured and cut all my characters so I chose one that was coloured using granny apple green, Next up I die cute the little flourishes at the 4 corners from whisper white cardstock I then coloured the vine area with Granny Apple Green and the Butterflies were coloured with Blackberry Bliss, I then took the prestamped sentiment and adhered it to a scrap of Lovely Lipstick
and again added dimensionals to the back.
Now to Assemble,
Adhered the lovely lipstick layer I just eyeball my central point, I then adhered my stamping layer.
Now I adhered my strips first the lovely Lipstick and then the stamped snowflakes strip and eyeballed the strip so it is equal on both sides.
I then added the lots of labels which are on dimensionals 
I then got my little skating snowman and using tombow I adhered him to the lots of labels layer.
I then added the sentiment above it and then lastly I added the flourishes which I chopped down to just give it a tiny little bit of interest and adhered them with a two way glue pen on all 4 corners.
I Hope you like my little Snowman x 

This one I mostly used Coastal Cabana which again isnt a traditional Christmas Colour but... I love it 
My Coastal Cabana Layer of cardstock is 4 1/2"
My Stamping layer is 4" x 4"
from my cutdown coastal cabana layer I die cut out the layering square that gave me a nice border around my largest stitched shape square that I used to die cut out my snow couple.
I adhered the sentiment to a scrap of Coastal Cabana and using my eyes just I trimmer it down to give me a tiny little border
I then decided to use the snowflake stamp and decorate the whisper white stamping layer with some coastal cabana but only went so far as I knew I was going to add some ribbon.
I then chose my go to ribbon which is the silver edged white ribbon
I adhered that using a thin double sided tape
I then started to build my card I adhered the coastal cabana layer to the cardbase, then added my stamping layer.
For the die cut topper I layered both the stamped image on to the coastal cabana layer and then added some subtle extras to the characters,
I added a tiny spot of glossy accents to the berrys in her hat and also to the heart, I thought it was a nice touch, Lastly I used nuvo glitter accents its a lovely thick glitter glue So I added a good amount at the bottom of the snow couple. I then popped that on using dimensionals 
and then added my sentiment also using dimensionals and my finishing touch was to add random clear rhinestones.


This one uses the same layer measurements as the above card only this time I am using Powder Pink
I chose around what I had coloured the snowmen with so they all co-ordinated.
I took my stamping layer and adhered using a thin double sided tape the
powder pink 3/8" mini ruffled ribbon.
Next up I took a scrap of powder pink that I knew was big enough to "frame" my Snowman
2 1/4" x 3 1/4"
I then got some whisper white and cut it down to 2" x 3"
I layered these two up and adhered them with tombow
I then added a bit of Tonic Glitter Accents to the bottom of the white layer to give the illusion of snow. Once Dried I added Dimensionals to the reverse of my topper and stuck it on to my card.
The sentiment I added to a scrap of powder pink cardstock and trimmed it down to give me a small border around my sentiment.
the finishing touch was 3 retired glitter enamel dots ( they do have gorgeous new ones)


Mint Macaron (Oh how I love this colour)
I edged the card using a punch from my own stash, added a layer of mint macaron behind it and works perfectly.
After adhering the strip of mint macaron I rounded all 4 corners of the card 
Mint macaron layer is 4" x 3 1/2"
I die cut the mint macaron stitched shaped circle from the above layer ( no-one will see this and saves cardstock)
I then added a stitched shaped circle using Sparkle Glimmer Paper, Then added the character which I punched out using the 2 1/4" Circle Punch
The circle punch I used to punch out the sentiment
I layered that on a mint macaron stitched shaped circle it gives me a really nice border around my sentiment.
Finally I added a lot of rhinestones I love it.



This card is much more free hand,
I used the highland heather cut down to 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
I then cut some sparkle glimmer paper to 4 1/2" x 2"
I then halved this in a large wave to give me a hill effect, I then layered them up using dimensionals
Slightly offset them I think the overall effect is a lovely effect.
I previously chose the snowman which I had pre stamped, coloured and fussy cut it out.
I punched out 5 snowflakes from sparkle glimmer paper using a punch from my stash
I added some rhinestones too.
The sentiment I added on to a layer of sparkle glimmer paper that I then mounted with dimensionals.
As I said very freehand but I absolutely love the effect.



This is the card I made for the video tutorial
Again it was a Mint Macaron that the snowman was coloured with and worked my card around this to create this card.
I cut my mint macaron layer down to 14.3cm x 10cm
My DSP is from Joyous Noel I cut that down to 13.3cm x 9cm
From my mint macaron layer I die cut a layering oval one of the scalloped ones I then chose a straight edged oval 2 sizes down and cut that from Whisper White.
I adhered the mint macaron layer down and then added the mint macaron twine from the natures twine collection.
I wrapped that around the DSP layer, I die cut the mint macaron using the stitched shape circle to layer behind the sentiment.
I adhered the DSP on to the Mint macaron layer.
I then layered up my layering ovals and again added some glitter accents to the bottom section of the whisper white oval.
I layered the ovals up and added dimensionals to the back and added it on to my card, I then added the sentiment to the card positioned it over the twine, I then added the bow using the twine and added 3 rhinestones.

For a visual tutorial the video below has this card step by step.

This Card I made on my Youtube Channel and have added it down below







No comments:

Post a Comment