Wednesday 3 October 2018

Global Design Project #158 Sketch Challenge




This was my entry to the challenge
I used the natures poem DSP and only the Grapefruit Grove colour
I do love one colour cards as it makes you really think about placement and how to make it not BORING.

So for this card I used a layer of DSP which predominantly featured Grapefruit Grove I then layered some whisper white card on to some Grapefruit Grove for the featured layer the white I added splashes of the Bright Copper Shimmer Paint using the spray bottle I took the sprayer off and just dipped the spray straw back in the solution multiple times and splattered on the white layer till I was happy and to be honest I absolutely love the effect it worked exactly how I wanted although my card base must have been to close as it caught some on the bottom right hand corner but it ended up as a perfect mistake as it looks great so I kept it.
I then fussy cut out three skeleton leaves and positioned them across the white layer and adhered them down.
I then took some of the twine from the same suite and wrapped it around twice and then made a small bow and frayed the ends to make it more interesting.
Lastly the sentiment I knew when designing this card it was a get well, sympathy or thinking of you so I hunted through my stash to find a stamp that would fit where I wanted it and I found this one in the Best Thoughts set it was a hostess set a few years back but I love the font and the large flower on it so I actual bought it preowned and wont part with it x.
I stamped that in Grapefruit Grove and chopped the card down till I was close to the wording the G in thoughts I cut around that x and I think it looks ok.

Again Thanks to GDP for these amazing challenges x 

Get inspired go and have a try.





No comments:

Post a Comment