Wednesday 24 October 2018

Show me 5!!! Dashing Deer Stampin Up



Today I am showcasing the Dashing Deer and Detailed Deer Thinlits

This bundle is absolutely stunning and will never get out of date.

I have made so many projects using this bundle and they are all different some subtle some VERY different and I love each and everyone of them.

So lets get going with the 5 projects

Card base is Crumb Cake a6 cut your A4 down to 14.8 cm and then turn and score at 10.5cm
giving you the perfect card base.
I then added a layer of copper glimmer paper measuring 14.3cm x 10cm
and last layer is DSP from Joyous Noel ( nearly wrote it in French Joyeux Noel, looks better haha)
I then Stamped my filigree Deer with Merry Merlot Ink on to very vanilla and then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder to give a glossed look.
The Sentiment I stamped with versamark on a scrap of very vanilla cardstock I then heat embossed with Stampin Up Copper Embossing powder and layered it on a scrap of copper glimmer paper and popped it on with dimensionals but stopped as I felt I needed to add a ribbon or twine something but none worked and then opted for a strip of glimmer paper in Copper I didnt measure the width I think possibly 1/4" or there abouts x 
I then added some copper thread to behind the deers antlers and give it the tangled look and used some wee rhinestones and sequins to decorate it further.

I like it but I think if I was to recreate it I would just use a small portion of the DSP as it is just a little too busy x but hey you live and learn x 


My Standard A6 card base
I then took a layer of Whisper White and cut it to 14.3cm x 10cm
I got a bit of DSP from the All is Bright Collection and I chose a soft muted design I then added a strip of Classic Weave Crumb Cake Ribbon (gorgeous to work with)
I took a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock (didnt measure that) and layered it on some whisper white and trimmed it down to give me a nice thin border, I then took the leaping Deer and die cut it using shimmer white cardstock so it gave a little something different to stand out a bit.
Lastly the sentiment I stamped using Crumb Cake Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock trimmed it around the sentiment and then layered on Whisper white and again trimmed to give me a thin border around x No extra decoration I wanted it super simple and classy


This is us hitting the luxury end of the christmas look.
A6 Card Base from Very Vanilla Card base 
I used Gold Foil Paper cut to 14.3cm x 10cm
I took some Very Vanilla and cut to 13.3cm x 9cm
I then got a bit of DSP from the joyous Noel and cut a strip at 1.5" and trimmed it to fit the length of the card. I die cut our Leaping Deer from the Gold Foil Paper (before I stuck it down)
The sentiment I embossed with Gold Embossing powder on Very Vanilla and trimmed to around the sentiment and then layered on a scrap of gold foil paper and once again trimmed to give a thin border and then I propped it up on dimensionals. 
No extra decorations as to be honest I think this looks luxurious as it is and any decoration would cheapen the look I had achieved.



Now for a masculine themed card
I have male family who are in same sex relationships and some Christmas cards I just feel are to feminine and just dont fit who they are for so I like to make a few masculine orientated themed cards too.
Early Espresso A6 Card Base
Gold Embossed Card measures 14.3cm x 10cm
Early Espresso layer measures 12.8cm x 8.5cm ( I wanted more of that stunning embossed card to show, its been in my stash and I absolutely love and will seriously cry when I run out lol)
The deer I die cut prior to sticking down I also stamped the sentiment with versamark and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder on to the early espresso and took a scrap of the gold embossed card and backed the sentiment on to that.
I then stuck down the Deer so simple but I absolutely love the finished card and I am sure my Brother in Law and his husband will love the card also.


This is our Video Tutorial card and it is so simple and pretty
Standard A6 card base
Balmy Blue layer 14.3cm x 10cm
Whisper White 13.8cm x 9.5cm
Deer is stamped on whisper white with Balmy Blue ink and die cut
The squares behind the deer are the 5th smallest straight and the 5th smallest Scalloped squares from the layering squares dies both were cut from whisper white and then I added the colour to the scalloped one using my stampin write marker in balmy blue perfect for saving you buying tons of coloured cardstock or in my case saved me pulling our balmy blue cardstock it was just quicker lol.
I stamped the semtiment on Whisper white with Balmy blue and then trimmed around the sentiment and layered on a bit of balmy blue scrap and trimmed to give me a thin border.
The inking on the background was so simple I used the textured background stamp from the Spooky Sweets Stamp set and then using a very soft brush I blended the Balmy Blue ink in the bottom right corner and I love the effect so pretty.
to finish my card off I added 3 Clear rhinestones and thats it done x easily done with so many variations different shapes behind the deer, different colours and patterns for the inking just have a play x 

Here is the video tutorial below



And a few more cards using this bundle







Hope these inspire you to get lots of use out of your sets

Speak Soon









No comments:

Post a Comment