Wednesday 3 October 2018

Fab Friday Challenge 147 Sketch





Last Challenge for today (I think haha)
and this one I STRUGGLED with I had no idea what to do so I took an eenie meanie miney mo lol and Angels on Earth Stamp set won.
I then opted for a muted palette so I chose a paper from the All is Bright DSP it only needed one sheet as the designs I chose were on opposite sides (result)
I decided to use the champagne foil sheets as I felt they were much softer in look that any of the other and were slightly warmer to look at and paired well with the DSP.
I stamped the angel out with Gray Granite Ink and the sentiment too
the sentiment reads "Christmas is the perfect time for believing in angels here on earth"
I have a lot of earth Angels in my life and have literally saved me from myself on so many occasions.
So this stamp set and the sentiment will be used a lot this Christmas time.

Once Stamped I fussy cut out the angel and trimmed the sentiment down and then backed on to the Champagne foil and trimmed to leave me a thin border around, 
The angels wings I lightly dry brushed them using the champagne mist shimmer paint.
it leaves a gorgeous shimmer.

I then chopped my banner I did that by hand as I wanted a deeper flag at the bottom.
once I had finished the banner on the DSP I layered it on Champagne foil and trimmed around leaving a thin border.
Then I started to build my card.
A layer of Champagne Foil measuing 14.3cm x 10cm
All is Bright DSP measures 13.3cm x 9cm ( I wanted more of the champagne to show on this layer)
I then played about with the banner and the angel and the sentiment to work out placement and lightbulb moment to represent the foliage in the sketch I pulled out some of the feathers from the chase your dreams framelits and they were perfect, So again dry brushed them with the champagne mist glimmer paint and started adding them to the card and adhering down my other elements into position.
The final element I added was 3 rhinestones from my stash that are a very light golden tone.

Please do go and follow this blog they are a wonderful source of inspiration and keeping you creative.




6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the neutral colors with your design. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy I will most definitely be joining in again in future xx Best Wishes always Karen xx

      Delete
  2. So pretty, Karian! Such a soft color palette - I love the feathers you added for detail! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather x thank you for hosting such fun challenges x love always Karen xx

      Delete