Monday 22 October 2018

Healing Hugs




How gorgeous is this card? I originally made this card using Gorgeous grape and then for the video tutorial I opted for the Highland Heather which is ever so slightly softer looking than the Gorgeous grape but I love both of them equally x they are purple so I am happy so easily pleased x 


As some of you may know my mum was in hospital for going on 5wks but she got home the other day and with my agoraphobia I haven't saw her in person although we have facetimed lots x 
I am hoping to go over and see her this evening for a little bit and this card just was perfect.
I love the font ( I am a font addict) and the purple tones are just gorgeous.
So how did I make this card?

Materials
A6 card base
Layer of Highland heather measuring 14.3cm x 10cm
Layer of Whisper White measuring 13.3cm x 9cm
Highland heather Ink pad
Granny Apple Green Ink pad
Healing hugs Stamp Set 
Frost White Shimmer Paint
Optional Sakura Clear Stardust Gel Pen
Tombow Glue
Stampin Dimensionals

Method
  1. Fold your Card case and burnish
  2. Adhere your Highland Heather layer to the card base and set aside for now
  3. Get some scrap whisper white and stamp out your images, 1 of the large flower in highland heather and 2 leaves in granny apple green
  4. Fussy cut the images out 
  5. Find where on the whisper white layer you want your flower to go once you have an idea mark on the whisper white with a pencil lightly where the center of the flower will be.
  6. Using the foliage bunch ink it up using the granny apple green and stamp from the pencil mark out so that your foliage will be seen behind the flower, I stamped it 3 times but you can suit yourself with what is best 2/3.
  7. I then popped my large flower up on dimensionals 
  8. I then took my fussy cut leaves and shaped them using my pokey tool and my thumb and gave them some dimension so make them more natural and realistic looking.
  9. Once I was happy with the shape I added a bit of tombow to the bottom and positioned it under the flower. and repeated for the other leaves.
  10. I then took the sentiment and stamped it using highland heather on a 3/4" piece of whisper white and then backed it on to some highland heather and trimmed it to give me a nice border.
  11. Lastly I took my Frost White Shimmer paint and using a sponge finger dauber I added some to the large flower to give it a pearilized look, and took my sakura gel pen and added highlights on to the leaves and the foliage in the background.
Done x



Below is the video tutorial x Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment