Friday 5 October 2018

Natures Poem Thinking of You Card Tutorial


I absolutely adore this card it is another very simple layout and very understated
It was made thinking of a sympathy card to give to a man as the blackberry bliss certainly masculines it up for me.

Anyway heres the instructions for putting this card together
I used the natures poem DSP and I chose this design as I loved the serenity if the design it is so peaceful to look at.
I use Blackberry Bliss as my Card Base
Cut the sheet down to 14.8cm x 21cm
Scored on the longest side at 10.5cm so give me my card base.
I cut a layer of Petal Pink to 14.3cm x 10cm (but cut out the center to use for my layer above)
I added the DSP measuring 13.8cm x 9.5cm
my smaller Petal Pink layer was cut from the center of my layer underneath and it measures 7cm x 7cm 
My Whisper White Stamping layer measures 6.3cm x 6.3cm

I used Blackberry Bliss ink to ink up my sentiment which is from the beautiful Blizzard Stamp Set, I wanted a very simple sentiment that wasnt to cursive, so the Thinking of you with Love was perfect.
I stamped the sentiment on the upper left hand corner of my stamping layer as I knew I wanted to add a fussy cut skeleton leaf from the DSP which I did.
None of this card is on dimensionals it is all flat which felt right for this card.

Offsetting the Stamping layer from the Petal Pink layer gives it a little interest without taking the attention away from the Sentiment.

I hope you like this card, I have added the video tutorial below





No comments:

Post a Comment