Monday 3 September 2018

Clutch Box Tutorial




I saw this project by the lovely and talented Sam Donald and I immediately started to case the project
I am a huge fan of casing demos and being inspired so although I have used Sam's measurements and style I changed it up by gluing it and also cutting away parts.

I think this is a fab box for maybe some small cosmetic gifts or sweet treats it will hold a good bit I am sure x 

Anyway here is the tutorial link to Sam's version




Supplies Needed
Sahara Sand Cardstock
DSP of your choice
Wet Adhesive 

Method
  1. cut your Sahara Sand cardstock down to 8" x 11"
  2. Score on the long side at 3" - 4"- 7" - 8" then add a small indentation at the 10" enough that you can see it, then flip your cardstock and repeat the indentation at 10" ( this will give you points to cut from later)
  3. on the short side score at 1" & 7" and mark a small indentation at the 4" 
  4. we need 3 DSP panels measuring 5 3/4" x 2 3/4"
  5. One of the DSP Panels fold in half to give you the centre point this will help trim the front panel later.
  6. Now we need to fold and burnish it all 
  7. we will notch the 4 smaller squares (see Video for visual aid)
  8. For the front panel to get the right shape cut from the 10" indentation on the long side to the 4" indentation on the short side using a ruler and an exacto knife or draw a light pencil line and trim with scissors, repeat on the other side to give you the clutch shaped front
  9. For the front DSP Panel I used an easy technique using a pencil and stenciling the shape on to the underside of my dsp and then trimmed it to size.
  10. I then glued close the box neatly and keeping the corners sharp this will help the box remain a good fit and the lid being crisp.
  11. I then adhered my DSP panels to the box 
  12. You can decorate if you wish I will just be adding a sentiment once I am gifting it on.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and below you will find the video tutorial to match the project.






No comments:

Post a Comment