Wednesday 19 September 2018

Lovely as a Tree Watercoloured Sky Tutorial



Todays card was a request after I made one on a whim and loved the outcome, and so did a few of my friends and followers so of course I always try and fulfill any requests.

Lovely as a Tree stamp set has been around for ever (almost lol) but I never fail to go back to it I love that it is such a versatile set for so many occasions.


anyway lets crack on with this super simple card tutorial

Supplies Needed
Shimmer White Cardstock
Night of Navy Ink Pad (or reinker would be even better for a darker colour)
Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set
Aqua Painter
1 1/4" Circle Punch
Beautiful Blizzard Stamp Set for the sentiment.
Black Ink pad that is DARK I love Versa fine its my go to but memento or stazon would be fine
and Sakura Clear Stardust Gel Pen

Method
  1. Cut your shimmer white cardstock down to 14.3cm x 10cm
  2. Dampen your White shimmer card stock from the top to about 1"-1 1/2" from the bottom
  3. to get the ink from the ink pad either squish the lid into the pad ( see my video for visual of this) or use an acrylic block and stamp it in to your ink pad to allow you to lift colour from your block.
  4. Then going back and forth colour your card I love it really dark but you can make this as light or as dark as you wish. Dry inbetween to build up your colour if you wish but with night of navy you should only need to touch up after its been dried.
  5. Before you stamp your trees make sure the card is dry to the touch.
  6. Then lining up the base of the trees with the bottom edge of the sky stamp your trees, reink your stamp and repeat for the other side which will take you off the page.
  7. Punch your circle from shimmer white scrap and position it where you like on the card.
  8. then take your sentiment I chose seasons greetings from beautiful blizzard as I thought it fitted perfectly. and stamp it on the lower uncoloured section of your card I balanced mine to the opposite end as my moon to keep it visually balanced.
  9. Last step is to add your highlights now this will depend on where you position your moon so central moon your middle trees you would highlight the tips only and then trees either side only highlight the side the moon would hit just think or the moon and light and think where would be lit up and where would be dark its the best advice I can give you.
  10. As you will see from my samples the highlight is very subtle it doesnt over stage the stamp at all it literally gives the stamp more or a visual representation.






I hope you enjoyed this tutorial 
Please check out my video for a more detailed tutorial, I dont edit so you see exactly what I do.







No comments:

Post a Comment