Wednesday 26 September 2018

Show me 5!! Using Follow your Dreams and Chase your Dreams by Stampin' Up!

A new feature for me is now going to be show me 5!!
It will feature a bundle or just a stamp set
and I will show you 5 projects using the set
and if I have made any other projects using it previously I will also add them to the blog post.

My main aim in doing this is to make sure you are getting value for money from all your Stampin' Up! Stamps and to show you they are an investment.

So the set we are focusing on today is one of my personal favorites from the main annual catalogue
and that is Follow your Dreams and Chase your Dreams Framelits


A lovely set that has 7 Red Rubber Clear mount stamps and 8 Dies

This card I used 3 colours on Shimmer white cardstock for the background 
Balmy Blue, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay
I then stamped the little flower randomly on it using Blueberry Bushel, 2nd Generation ( stamped the full strength off on scrap first then on to the background so it wasnt so vibrant, I used a stamp from another bundle called Beautiful Blizzard to add some Blueberry Bushel behind my focal image.
I stamped the dreamcatcher stamp with Blueberry Bushel  and die cut that out and adhered it to my card over the Blueberry Bushel area of my card. Then I layered up some of the die cuts in silver foil paper and used some of the tassels from the small dream catcher die to the larger decorative piece to give it that dream catcher feel I then added the 2 larger feathers either side behind the small tassels to give you the illusion of depth. Finally I die cut the word Dream from some shimmer white card stock.
To add a little bit of sparkle I did add a rhinestones and some tiny sequins from out Metallic sequins.


This one I chose the script DSP from Share what you love DSP, that was my first choice so I worked around those colours to make the card and the colours are Grapefruit Grove and Basic Black that is it.
I mounted my DSP on to Basic Black Cardstock and then added some of our NEW gorgeous Glittered Organza ribbon (I do love this ribbon)
I picked up a bit of shimmer white cardstock and watercoloured some Grapefruit Grove on to it ( I did try the Grapefruit Grove cardstock but it was to dark and didnt work for this card) 
I then stamped the dreamcatcher and the sentiment I due cut the dreamcatcher and fussy cut around the sentiment, I backed both on to Basic Black Cardstock and fussy cut around them both to give a thin border around them,
To Decorate I used the Faceted Dots from the Annual Catalogue, they come in 4 colours, Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Grapefruit Grove and Min Macaron.
I used the largest sized in the center of the dreamcatcher and several of the smallest ones on the tassels, and then Added all 3 sizes of the Grapefruit Grove to the Ribbon.


This card was another simple watercoloured background using sunset colours,
Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Poppy Parade on shimmer white cardstock, I layered this on to Poppy Parade Cardstock, I stamped the Dreamcatcher on to the cardstock with Poppy Parade, The sentiment I stamped it using my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker, so I could miss out the word Dreams, I did stamp it directly on my background but it didnt stand out so I restamped it on white shimmer cardstock.
and just cut it out simply and stuck it down with tombow.
I die cut the word Dream also from the shimmer white as I am in love with that paper just now.
I then used our Basic Rhinestones but coloured them with Dark Real Red Stampin' Blends and Dark Mango Melody Stampin' Blends. Lastly I added a tiny hint of xmas red Stickles that I added around the dreamcatcher. 



I went a bit nuts with this one but I really like it x the background is using the same three colours as the first card,
Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue, and Bermuda Bay, I then layered that on to Silver Foil Paper.
I cut into Silver Foil Paper with the larger decorative die circle and then used the plain circle die to cut it out I layered that on to a whisper white cardstock circle and added basic rhinestones to decorate the dreamcatcher.
I added two of the larger feathers in Silver Foil Paper, and then using the tassels from the smaller dreamcatcher die (I snipped them off) I added them dangling down from the dreamcatcher and then using some silver twine I had in my stash I added some extra dangles.
I die cut the word Dreams from the Silver Foil Paper and adhered it to the whisper white scrap and then I fussy cut around it to give it a white border, and then I took one of the die cut tassels to the end of the word Dream and finally I added 3 rhinestones to the background.


Now for out last project
This is what we need to make this project, 
Shimmer White Cardstock 14.3cm x 10cm
16cm-17cm of Silver metallic Edge Ribbon
2 Dream Die cuts (One in Basic Black one in Silver Foil Paper)
6 Feathers from shimmer white cardstock
and then 6 colours to colour them using stampin write markers or ink pads and use an acrylic block as your palette as you dont need a lot of ink.

The Colours I chose weew Pineapple Punch, Mint Macaron, Grapefruit Grove, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather and Flirty Flamingo.and watercoloured the feathers so it was soft and subtle but you could use the colours directly to the feathers if you want a brighter and vibrant look.



I hope this is a good inspiration for you all x 

Here is the video tutorial of the last card



Heres another few I have made previously with this bundle







2 comments:

  1. I overlooked this set in the catalogue, because I thought it was a bit limiting - You have proved me wrong. What a lovely set of cards you have created Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dream catchers so it was one of my first sets I bought xx I’m certainly not disappointed xx

      Delete