Friday 28 September 2018

Show me 5!! Using Beautiful Blizzard by Stampin' Up!


These are the bundle we are working with today and I think you will agree they are amazing, the thinlit die for being just one die cuts out beautiful snowflakes that you can use to create multiple cards which I love being able to maximize the use of our supplies which is what this series is all about using your supplies to get the most out of it and not sat on a shelf gathering dust.



These two cards I created prior to releasing the show me 5!!! series but you can see how simplistic yet beautiful they are.

This card is my standard a6 card base and I have used gold foil paper 
as the die is smaller than my card I chose to add the extra 2 strips at the top and bottom and them mount my card on dimensionals to give it a little interest, I then added out Gold 1/8"mm Cord, I wrapped the cord around once and tied a simple box knot then used the sentiment Thinking of you with Love I stamped it on a scrap piece of whisper white with Versamark and used Gold embossing powder to match the colours used on the card.
I love the luxurious feel of this card it is very decadent.

This is another standard a6 card base
my merry merlot card layer is 14.3cm x 10cm
the Whisper White Stamping layer is 13.8cm x 9.5cm
I then used merry merlot ink pad and stamped randomly using the small snowflake stamp in the set
I got a scrap bit of whisper white and stamped the sentiment in merry merlot and then adhered it to a merry merlot scrap and trimmed a fine border by eye.
I did actually stop at that point and was about to add my rhinestones when a scrap strip of merry merlot glimmer paper fell on to my card and it went so well on it I decided to add some strips in different thicknesses to give it another texture to it, I then added tons of rhinestones to all the larger stamped snowflakes on the card.

This one was just lovely to make x 
I used my standard a6 card base and then cut a stamping layer to 14.3cm x 10cm
I took the snowflake stamp and again randomly stamped on one half using versamark (I find it easier doing full cards of embossing in 2 sections) 
I added my gold embossing powder and heated it to melt the powder
I then repeated this for the other half.
The spaces in between I took a piece of gold foil paper and backed it with out multipurpose adhesive sheet then using the blizzard thinlit I die cut out lots of snowflakes that are now stickers (yeay)
I then added on some inbetween the embossing and the two different gold tones add so much interest its perfect.
The sentiment I stamped with versamark and added the gold embossing powder and heated it. onve cooled I added it to some gold foil paper and added dimensionals to the back.
I then used the gold 1/8" cord and wrapped it round 3 times to give it a wide strip and then added the sentiment over it and finally adhered the stamping layer to my card base x

This one is an absolute novice stampers dream card, you could create this easily and be so proud at creating this all on your own.
Standard a6 card base.
Silver foil paper cut to 14.3cm x 10cm
Night of Navy cardstock cut down to 13.8cm x 9.5cm
I thenn took some silver foil paper and cut it with the blizzard die to give me lots of silver foil snowflakes.
I then adhered them using a 2 way glue pen which I find is easier for me.
I then stamped with versamark the sentiment which is actually from the making christmas bright set but... I think the shine word makes it work perfectly with these stars.
I heat embossed it with silver embossing powder and then fussy cut around it and then popped it up on dimensionals and finished it off with a scatter of silver sequins from our metallic sequins and some clear rhinestones.


This one has the similar steps as the gold one at the top, I die cut the blizzard 
which as mentioned previously is shorter than my card base so had to add in two strips of merry merlot glimmer paper but the join just looked terrible so had to rectify it ( us crafters always work around problems) so I took two thin strips of whisper white and stamped with with the snowflake stamp using merry merlot inkpad and then adhered them over the joins at the top and the bottom and think it makes a big difference to the card.
I then added the sentiment using merry merlot ink on whisper white cardstock, mounted it on a merry merlot cardstock and trimmed it to give me a thin border, I then added the copper & merry merlot ribbon using the merry merlot size facing up and added the sentiment on dimensionals over the ribbon to finish it off. 

this card was literally using the scraps from the card above, I used the snowflakes from the card above to create this card I used my standard a6 and a stamping layer in whisper white cut down to 14.3cm x 10cm
I cut a strip of whisper white measuring 10cm x 1cm and stamped the sentiment using merry merlot ink pad, I then cut a strip of merry merlot glimmer paper measuring 2cm x 10cm so I had a nice border top and bottom of my sentiment.
I then adhered the stamping layer to my card base.
I then took the glimmer paper snowflakes and positioned them where I liked and once happy using a two way glue pen I stuck them into position. with of course some rhinestones to finish it off.

This one took me a while as I just couldnt get the background how I wanted (envisaged) it to look.
I used my standard card base a6
Cut my merry merlot cardstock layer down to 14.3cm x 10cm
The stamping layer was shimmer white cardstock and cut that down to 13.8cm x 9.5cm
Using gray granite 2nd generation (I stamped off the first layer so the stamp used for my card was lighter colour wise) the stamp I used was the large splodge textured image but it was still too dark so I got my perfect pearl shimmer spray ( home made using perfect pearls pearl colour, water and 2/3 drops of glycerin into a clean spray bottle drop in a few glass or porcelain beads so you can agitate the pearls before spraying or in my case brushing) I poured some into the lid of my spray bottle and using a brush I saturated the stamping layer as the ink is water based it lifted a lot of the colour and allowed me to manipulate the colour where I wanted it. the bonus was it is super shimmered now.
I then using the snowflake stamp added randomly over the stamping layer using gray granite ink full strength.
Then I added the copper and merry merlot ribbon with the merry merlot facing up
I stamped the sentiment using merry merlot ink on top white shimmer cardstock and die cut it using my layering squares dies. I then took the next size up in the scalloped edge and cut that from merry merlot cardstock, adhered them together and using dimensionals I added them over the ribbon.
I lastly took my clear rhinestones and As I dont have the merry merlot blend pen, I chose the dark blackberry bliss blend and coloured some of my clear rhinestones to make them a similar tone to the merry merlot and it worked perfectly.


This is the card I done of film the card is actually very simple 
standard card base a6
night of navy layer - 14.3cm x 10cm
stamping layer is 13.8cm x 9.5cm
I used Balmy blue inkpad 
I stamped the large splodge texture image three times across the card I stamped off to give a second generation (lighter colour) impression.
I then used the flourish stamp using balmy blue full strength across the card in a slanted up pattern, I then took the small spotted stamp and using second generation balmy blue stamped in the blank areas of white.
I stamped the sentiment using night of navy ink and trimmed it to the size of the sentiment then adhered it on to night of navy cardstock and using my eyes trimmed it to leave a border around the sentiment, I then added night of navy gingham ribbon to the stamping layer and adhered down the layers together, finally I added the sentiment over the ribbon and added on 3 rhinestones.
All the instructions step by step are included in the video below 






2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Show me 5 series Karen. I really does help see the variety of cards you can make from one stamp set. You have made some Great Cards with this set xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie xx I’m enjoying making them x it certainly gets my monies worth out of them xx

      Delete