Thursday 20 September 2018

Less is More Challenge

Yesterday I put in a hard days work but by teatime I needed a little downtime to just create and craft for me a little fun time, but after you have been working sometimes your brain just gets stuck in a rut and you create the same style over and over with tiny differences so when this happens I look for challenges to try and break me out of that cycle and I cam accross this challenge yesterday and I love it, I do like a good bit of white space on my cards so this was right up my street.

This was a challenge in every sense of the word as I usually always have a mat layer and a stamping layer but this challenge prohibits layers so you need to stamp directly on to the card base...
I chose to use Serene Garden, I was inspired to use this set after seeing the make and takes from the Pootlers team meet in Manchester last weekend where this set was used to make one of the make and takes and although that card is completely different it made me want to use this set more.


I used the large corner Stamp the three blossoms and the butterfly



I chose Soft Seafoam Ink Pad and my flowers are Flirty Flamingo
The sentiment is from the set Best Thoughts


The sentiment was stamped using Gray Granite
to finish the card off I added 5 green toned sequins from Stampin Up Iridescent Sequins.
I absolutely love the overall affect there is plenty of white space but not empty (if that makes sense)

Anyway I hope you like this card and please pop over and have a wee look at the challenge I personally will be participating in these challenges more often.




2 comments:

  1. WoW ! This is beautiful Karian ! Very happy you came across our challenge with this gorgeous card. A perfect take on our CAS one layer card ! Very delicate and subtle. Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment x I love minimal styles but usually I always have a stamping layer xx thank you for giving me something new to try xx

      Delete