Friday 31 August 2018

Frosted Florals Bundle - Technique and project share

Today I have a gorgeous busy card, which is unusual for me I much prefer a simple and clean looking card but its so easy to get carried away with this collection.


And even better news to acheive this look I used not one inkpad (ok slight fib the sentiment I used Blackberry Bliss)

But you can see how beautiful it is,
I have a video to go along with this post which shows you the technique I used to acheive the mixed colours x 



But I promised a written tutorial since it is a lot of elements but a lot are repeated so easier to have written.

Supplies -
Blackberry bliss Cardstock
Silver Foil Cardstock
Scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock
Frosted Floral DSP
First Frost Stamp set
Frosted Bouquet Framelits
Stampin Write Markers (I used a lot of colours but you can change this to suit you)
Colours of markers I used was, Blackberry Bliss, Blushing Bride, Merry Merlot, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Powder Pink, Soft Seafoam, Tranquil tide.
Basic Rhinestones 
Blackberry Bliss Dark Stampin Blend Marker ( to colour my rhinestones)
And I added some glitter to a few flowers but again this is optional.
Tombow 


Method - 

  1. I took my Blackberry Bliss Cardstock and cut it down to 14.3cmx10cm
  2. I took my silver foil cardstock and cut it down to 13.8cm x 9.5cm
  3. Then my Frosted Floral DSP I cut down to 13.3cm x 9cm
  4. From my Blackberry bliss I used the larger frame die and cut it from the middle area of my card (I call this gutting as no one will see this part and I want to use my card economically)
  5. With my white scrap I die cut the smaller frame for my sentiment.
  6. I then took my silver mat layer and using the sprig die I cut this out three times from the middle of the cardstock again no one will see this and we can use it to save on cardstock.
  7. Once all my layers have been gutted I start to layer them up using tombow it gives you a bit more time to get them in the right position.
  8. I then stamp my sentiment on to my white frame I used blackberry bliss ink pad for this but markers will work just fine.
  9. I then layered the blackberry Bliss frame and the whisper white frame and adhered them together, to embellish this I took 3 basic rhinestones and coloured them with Dark Blackberry bliss stampin blend marker so it would match the other colours.
  10. Now time to stamp our florals and to be honest my advise is play and enjoy playing with your colours to see what you like best.
  11. Once you have a good collection stamped and are happy start to die cut them all I would recommend washi tape to position them in place.
  12. Once thats all done bring your card back in and place your sentiment where you wish and then pop it up on dimensionals I used this as my focal point and worked around that to position my florals.
  13. Dont glue anything down just place everything where you like and once you are sure of the placement start to adhere to your card 
  14. I then added a touch of glitter to my floral elements not loads but just a hint gives the eye something else to catch it. 


I hope that you have enjoyed this any problems please message me and I will try and do a quick video to explain it better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment