Monday 27 August 2018

Beautiful Blizzard Card Tutorial Using Stampin' Up!



I created this card yesterday morning and loved the simplicity of it using just two colours of ink and whisper white and silver foil card this card for me looks like a classical winter theme.

I have used the new (to be released next week :) )Beautiful Blizzard Bundle from the new autumn and winter Stampin' Up! catalogue.
The die for this bundle is beautiful and intricate and just perfect, not only can it give you a gorgeous cut into detail like below but it also doubles up giving you these PERFECT snowflakes. Makes my wee heart happy.



Beautiful isnt it and such a small amount of work needs done to achieve these looks 

So lets get started and tell you the materials you need to recreate this card.

Supplies.
A6 Card Base 
Silver Foil Card 
Whisper White Card
Beautiful Blizzard Stamp Set
Blizzard Die
Pool Party Ink Pad
Balmy Blue Ink Pad
Silver and White Bakers Twine
Embellishments of Rhinestones and Sequins are optional but I personally think they make the card SING ;)

Method
  1. Cut your silver foil card down to 14.3cm x 10cm you can gut this card ( cut out the part which will be hidden under the white stamping layer as we all like to be economical with our more costly supplies)
  2. Cut your stamping layer down to 13.8cm x 9.5cm 
  3. Then we have our banner which measures Whisper White layer is 2.5cm x 9.5cm  and your Silver Foil is 3cm x 9.5cm
  4. Then die cut your silver foil using the blizzard die dependent on your die cutter you may need a shim as this is an intricate die but I have found no problem with this die cutting with just my standard big shot sandwich.
  5. I then started to stamp my background focusing on the bottom half of my stamping layer I used the large stamp which is a texture effect I used my pool party ink pad and stamped this twice to give me a good coverage
  6. I then used the small cluster snowflakes stamp and using Balmy blue ink pad I randomly stamped over the texture area
  7. Lastly their is a small cluster of spots stamp I also added that with the balmy blue just to give it more texture and depth.
  8. I then added a wrap of the silver and white bakers twine almost 2/3rds of the way up the stamping layer
  9. I then adhered both the silver foil layer and the stamping layer to my card base.
  10. I then took my whisper white banner and using my balmy blue ink I stamped my sentiment.
  11. I layered this on to the silver foil to give me a small silver border above and below the sentiment.
  12. Now to decorate this already beautiful card, I used the die cuts and positioned them around the card have a wee play around and find the best placement for you before sticking down.
  13. I then added sequins on top of my snowflakes to give them extra sparkle
  14. and lastly I added the rhinestones to the stamped snowflakes to finish it off 
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and that you enjoy this set when it launches I think it will be a timeless set that you will use year after year x 

Here is a video tutorial for this card 


 



1 comment: