Monday 5 November 2018

Special request for a card

I am not often stumped when it comes to card making but this week a family friend approached me and asked me to make a card for her Brother-in-law who next week is celebrating 1yr on from having a lung transplant.
so the card was to be a "lunaversary" card.
Yeah I was !!!!! no clues at all
her BIL is a witty guy who has a lot of humour and that was to be included if possible.
So I asked in a demo facebook page for some ideas and got a lot of feedback ( thanks everyone) I was going to print out a pair of lungs and work around that and then decided to try and be "creative" so I looked through my stamp sets no easy task haha x and found two that could work first was sunshine sayings theres a small squiggle in the set that I could perhaps have made into a lung, and the other set was so many shells 




I opted for the large shell at the bottom left hand side and stamped it out and fussy cut it but the point at the top I rounded off x 
I then drew around it on Cherry cobbler cardstock and repeated but turned the template over to give me a mirror image.


I then stamped the sentiment "we Be-Lung together" using make a difference stamp set
I used the smallest alphabet and stamped using Cherry Cobbler
the sentiment at the bottom I used the sunshine sayings,
I stamped "a lifetime of" & "is in the air" and chopped them down to individual words and layered them on to the sentiment banner which was punched using the duet banner punch
the background paper was a retired paper "Carried Away" that I think worked brilliantly for this especially for the comical angle hes now full of hot air x he will find that hilarious.


I then added a face using the eyes and nose from Foxy Friends stamp set
I then added googly eyes over the eyes and the nose then reminded me of a mouth so I left it at that x 

This really was a labour of love and as you can see it took more than one stamp set to achieve it but it finally worked and the customer ( family friend) loves it x 

So I hope it inspires you to look at things differently who would have thought a shell could become a lung? 








No comments:

Post a Comment