Wednesday 14 November 2018

Show me 5!!! Beautiful Promenade Stampin' Up!

Sorry I am running late x normally my show me 5!!! series are made well in advance and they are ready for scheduling on a set day but i have not been on top form the past few weeks and I have fell behind so I literally finished this collection this morning and filmed it at 8.15am but my hands ended up very sore so couldnt have typed out a long blog post sadly so I am only just getting it done now.

So the set I am working with is Beautiful Promenade



the papers are so pretty and are absolute statements in their own rights
and the sentiments in the stamp set and the fonts ( I am a total font freak) are just perfect.

The colours used in this suite are 






So here are the projects I made and how they are achieved x 


This card is using Mossy Meadow as my man mat layer colour
The card is a 6x6 Pre bought and scored
I cut my mossy meadow layer to 5 3/4" x 5 3/4"
I taped this down only at the top and the bottom so I could add my ribbon in to each side later.
I cut 4 whisper white panels measuring 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
I cut 4 DSP layers at 2" x 2" ( so that they lined up I marked all of the sections with a small cross on the corners that would make up the square so the first panel I marked top left, second panel top right,
3rd panel bottom left and last one bottom right this just makes sure when you are adhering them that they are all in sync.
I then glued the DSP on to the white panels and then adhered them to the mat layer
trying to keep the layers as lined up as possible.
I then added some Whisper White polka tulle 
and then tied a knot and trimmed the ends I then added the large flower which I had stamped with Blushing Bride outline and inside, then used a weak wash of fresh fig to add depth of colour and added 5 rhinestones coloured using blackberry bliss stampin blends. The flower is on dimensionals so it sits just above the knot.
The remnants of the tulle ribbon I added below my sentiment which was stamped with Fresh Fig.


Nice easy one 
Mossy Meadow 10cm x 14.3cm
DSP 9.5cm x 13.8cm
Vellum 15cm (so we can tuck and adhere behind DSP Layer) x 4cm
The Flower is Stamped with Grapefruit Grove and I then coloured a scrap of card using nuvo embellishment mousse (coral caylpso is the colour) then I adhered the stamped image on top and trimmed it around leaving a thin border.
I coloured a scrap of vellum using old olive stampin blends
then punched out using the spring punch.
I then added a tiny amount of gold stickles and I mean tiny amount just enough for it to catch the light. and to finish it I added some details using the nuvo mousse on to the large flower as the colours matched perfectly x



Used Fresh Fig as my base 14.3cm x 10cm
DSP 13.8cm x 9.5cm 
I Stamped the flower using Fresh Fig then added a faded wash using fresh fig 
I added some sparkle to the stamen using Sakura Clear stardust pen 
Leaves I stamped using mossy meadow 
fussy cut both ( wish I had my thinlits) 
I added the Fresh Fig ruffled Ribbon ( my gosh that is a stunning ribbon reminder to myself to order more lol)
The sentiment I used the everyday label punch but adapted the punchout to make it smaller worked out well, will show this technique in a quick video soon.


This cards gorgeous and so easily put together
stamping background measures 14.3cm x 10cm
I stamped using the leaves and mossy meadow ink pad first and second generation stamping to give me a variety.
I then used an old wink of stella pen which has been refilled countless times but still gives me a tiny bit of sparkle so I washed over the leaves to give them a little faded wash.
I the mossy meadow card layer measures 14.3cm x 5.3cm 
DSP 14.3cm x 4.9cm
the flower was stamped using Petal Pink and then added a wash of colour over it to deepen the colour, I then coloured some Mossy meadow scrap with nuvo mousse pure platinum gives the leaves a really funky effect as you can in parts see the mossy meadow through it the leaves I accomplished using the leaf punch.
I also used the same technique for the everyday label punch and then the sentiment I stamped in mossy meadow and trimmed down neatly and rounded the corners and added it to the everyday label punch out then using my finger smudged some of the pure platinum to distress it and love the effect as it lifted some of the mossy meadow stunning.


This is a lovely card which is gorgeous but has very little weight to it so perfect for sending to international friends.
I fussy cut out the edge floral border from the DSP 
The flower I chose the berry burst which isnt part of the colours in this set but it matched some of the tones in the border piece perfectly.
I used some silver heat embossing and then gave it a little wash with the berry burst ( be careful less is more berry burst is a VIBRANT colour) 


This one is featured in the video added below





No comments:

Post a Comment