Tuesday 17 July 2018

Playtime

The past day or so I have been playing with my newest stamps and dies from Stampin’ Up! 
And I love how versatile they are I made this card yesterday using one ink pad seriously I used balmy blue.

I used whisper white card stock and silver mirror board 
The bottom layer I added ink from my pad on to an acrylic block to use as a paint palette 
I then added a few drops of water and gave the card a wash with the ink, I then wiped my block and added more ink this time adding a tiny amount of water so it was darker than the first layer and using my aqua brush I splattered on the darker mix.

My second Matt I stamped using the balmy blue ink pad and the two feathers from the follow your dreams set I chose to separate them this is how I will use them best .
I took the larger one first and stamped randomly then I took the smaller one and basically randomly stamped inbetween any spaces that were left.
My top layer I used the larger dream catcher stamp again in balmy blue
But after it was stamped I used a blue glitter pen from my stash and went over the tassels and the outline of the catcher.

Finally I added tiny 1or2mm rhinestones again from my stash
And positioned them on the set spots around my dream catcher.
The ribbon was the white and silver from the current catalogue which I then coloured using my balmy blue stampin’ write marker. It then matched perfectly.
The die cut dream catcher I decided also needed the silver mirror board so I fussy cut around the image and it framed the die cut perfectly I then added dimensionals to the back to pop it up.
I also die cut the word DREAM and stuck that down over the ribbon.
All the other layers were backed on mirror board also as being a really cost effective card I wanted the added elegance but remember you can die cut before hand from these panels to save your mirror board. 

I’m really happy how it turned out using minimal supplies so you do not have to have the whole catalogue in your craft room/space to create a stunning and elegant card.

Lots of love and inky hugs Karen x

1 comment: