Monday 8 October 2018

Team Scrimpy's Team Blog Hop


The theme of this months hop is Christmas so I knew exactly what I wanted to use to create my project x 

I used the Stylish Christmas Stamp Set so elegant and pretty


So to make this card I cut my Mossy Meadow Cardstock down to 21cm x 14.8cm
and scored on the long side at 10.5cm and this gives you a perfect A6 cardstock
I then cut some gold foil down to 14.3cm x 10cm
I then cut a layer of whisper white down to 13.8cm x 9.5cm
This is going to be stamped
I then took some Mossy Meadow and cut it at 13.8cm x 6.3cm
then some Whisper White and cut that to 13.8cm x 5.3cm

I took my larger whisper white layer and started to stamp a gorgeous background using the Holly stamp, I just added the stamp randomly using Mossy Meadow Ink Pad, I then took a pencil with an old eraser like below
I then took my Merry Merlot inkpad and using the eraser I added the "berrys" for the holly such a quick and simple trick that works perfectly.

I then stamped the poinsettia twice and fussy cut them out ( they are super simple to fussy cut)
I used a large ball tool ( stylus) and shaped the poinsettias and layered them up and added 3 blobs of gold Stickles to the flower center easy to change to rhinestones if you wish.

I layered up the mossy meadow and Whisper white layers the thinner panels and 
then wrapped gold thread around it, and then made a small figure of 8 bow made from wrapping around my fingers and then I added some glue dots to make it sit where I wanted it.

next up is the sentiment that I made using Versamark and Gold Embossing powder, I trimmed the cardstock down to the sentiment and then layered it on Gold Foil 
and again trimmed it to just give me a thin border.

Last up I added a layer of white linen paper inside to allow the sender an area to write on x 

I hope you enjoy this tutorial 

Please hop on to the next blog 

Amanda

Sandra

Karen - YOU ARE HERE

Danielle




9 comments:

  1. Love your card Karen, so much that i am going to buy the stamp set!!
    Thanks for the brilliant tip for stamping berries with pencil eraser, genius idea
    Thanks for organising this Hop too!!
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking part x I am just finishing up projects for next week then I will be checking out everyones blogs myself x you wont regret buying this stamp set it is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant your so clever karen !!!! love your card its beautiful x A

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! I love the idea of using the eraser to make the berries. Talk about making due with what you have! I found your blog through Amanda I have been following her on You Tube for a while now and just love her. I'm happy you all were doing this hop today so I got the opportunity to visit your blog. Have a wonderful day tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for popping by x and I’m pleased I could share a small trick with you x absolutely utilise what you have x I have plenty of stamps of holly berries but they weren’t on my desk and this was and worked perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete