Saturday 12 January 2019

Pootlers Blog Hop - Spring & Summer Catalogue - Needle & Thread




Good morning 
todays project is participating in the pootlers blog hop
and it is celebrating the launch of the new Spring and Summer 2019 Catalogue
I chose to use the new Needlepoint Nook Suite to make the card today and it is one of the new distinctive stamps which give you the textured effect which you normally would need from 2 or 3 step stamping but with just one stamp its fabulous.

Anyway lets talk you through how I made this gorgeous card.

Take your Night of Navy Cardstock and cut it to 14.8cm x 21cm
Score on the longside at 10.5cm and this gives you the perfect A6 Card Base
Cut two pieces of Whisper White Cardstock at 14.3cm x 10cm
One is for the inside for you to write your greeting and the other one if for the card front.
Using the one of the stitched line stamps I went around my card using Night of Navy Ink Pad 
to give the effect of stitched edged card.
I then used the large stitched effect flourish and stamped it twice in the bottom left hand corner again in night of navy.
I used the lovely 3 cross stitch stamp and created a background for my card base, again sticking with the night of navy ink pad.
I then took all the floral stamps and stamped them on a sheet of whisper white using night of navy ink pad and balmy blue ink pad.
I then stamped out the Thank you Sentiment from the same set and using the dies from the needlepoint elements, die cut all my stamped florals and my sentiment
I then positioned them where I would like and then adhered them using tombow and dimensionals,
I used some wink of stella on some of the flowers
I then used tiny strips of night of navy card stock and added it to look like thread through my buttons before adhering them on to the two large flowers.
Finally I added 5 Rhinestones just to give it a little sparkle.

I hope you enjoy this tutorial and have a wee go at it,
Happy Hopping












Product List

27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you not colours I normally use but I like how it turned out x Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous, my colours too. Think I will be getting this set. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you x its a lovely set x not keen on the DSP but the stamps and dies are stunning x

      Delete
  5. Hi Karen, I LOVE how you have done this card. It is definitely one I am going to copy (if you dont mind) the stitch background you did is so effective. Must have taken you quite a while to do. I just looked at the design Janice did and she did a similar thing with the trellis stamp. You both must have tremendous patience. Something I’m not sure I have, but I’m definitely going to give this one a go. The colours you chose for the flowers are stunning too. I REALLY love it. Another one on my to do list for sure. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel x I love crafting and if it takes time to do it I dont mind x Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you Justyna xx Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  10. really pretty love what you have done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene xx Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  12. Brilliant card Karen not a set I would choose but may have to rethink x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same until I started seeing card using it and HAD to buy it lol x Thank you for Hopping... by xx Love and Hugs Karen xx

      Delete
  13. I wasn't sure about this stamp set until i saw your card. It's fantastic. I'm convinced to this set now :)

    ReplyDelete